Sunday, July 26, 2009

put the scissors in a lock box.

my mom told me when i called in tears that it was bound to happen. matt and i can't pin down the exact moment of when the scissors were found...but without fail they were found...by sophie.

when she came to me and asked to snuggle, i grabbed her into my arms without even looking at her. when i opened my eyes, i was eye to eye with her.

my heart sank and the following words ran through my head 'what the BEEP?! what the BEEP happened to your hair? what were you BEEPING thinking?! '

thankfully, what came out of my mouth was 'sophie, did you cut your hair?'

smiling sweetly, she nodded yes.

sophie had found a small scissors in the downstairs playroom. when pressed, she showed matt where she had hidden them along with her the long locks of hair she trimmed from the front of her head.

before taking her to my salon to survey the damage and see what could be done, i did pause, between tears (mine, not hers), to take a picture.



































sophie enjoyed her spa experience immensely - she smiled at the attention from the countless hair dressers who came over to tell her that 'it would be ok' and that she would 'look like a princess' before they were done. she loved having her hair washed in the sink, and was drunk with the aromas of hairspray and makeup. i was sweating like a pig and hoping i could stave off a panic attack as visions of her pre-school pictures ran through my head.
the end result is not...horrible...although it's not great either. you be the judge...but ask yourself this...do you know where your scissors are?

No comments: