Thursday, May 17, 2012

poerty i can get behind.

as a part of sophie's 1st grade writing workshops, they have each student write some poetry over the course of a couple of weeks. when she brought home her finished products yesterday, i was both amused (a blue jay really did fly into our house. it was terrifying for me but thrilling for the kids) and horrified (ummm...i pay?!). i assume you will be too. enjoy.

(i've corrected the spelling.)
i love my sister. 
i love my sister here and there, even if she eats a pear. because i don't like pears.

i pay.
i pay, she pays, we all pay. i pay bottles. oh no! i ran out of money. i need money to buy me food. i need food to live. i could die. i do not want to die. i need money to live. i need it. i need it. i love money!

a blue jay.
a blue jay flew in my house, it flew in my house without a doubt. a blue jay flew in my house.

i jump.
i jump, i jump. she jumps, we both jump. i love to jump! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! it is fun to jump.

i'm so proud of my sophie. she's so smart and sweet and hilarious. i mean, it goes without saying that i need to have a conversation about the importance (or unimportance?) of money, but hey, she loves her sister and lets her have all the pears, and really, that's the meat of it, isn't it?

so keep jumping all. turns out, it's fun.

1 comment:

Fallen Dreamer said...

I LOVE this! So funny. It's so great to see your family journey Shannon :)