Thursday, December 17, 2009

be careful with your words (i'm takin' to you, kelley)

each week i get an email from pregnancy.com or something of the sort telling me what to expect that week in my pregnancy. sometimes they are really helpful in reminding me of little idiosyncrasies that i may have forgotten, but at other points, they remind me of those old books from the 1950's that teach young women how to be good wives. (you know this book, right? they are always yellowed and well-worn spouting wisdom about how to prepare the appropriate cocktail to have waiting for your husband when he arrives home from work or how to properly allow your husband time to unwind when he may be feeling stressed by keeping the children occupied and quiet for approximately 15 minutes.)

anyway.

below is a quote found in this week's email from a super helpful lady named kelley. needless to say, i don't think that kelley and i would be friends if i in fact, knew who she was.

"I had the beginnings of varicose veins and swollen ankles and was becoming short of breath until I started exercising four times a week. I feel great now." — Kelley

thanks kelley with an 'ey'. tell me again how i should exercise 4 days a week. i just can't get enough of your help.

just thought you may like to see the kinds of things that torment me throughout my day.

12 more weeks...12 more weeks...12 more weeks.

No comments: