Tuesday, October 28, 2008

untill tomorrow bordertown....

i am sitting in a coffee shop - on campus - over lunch. it's tuesday and i miss my kids.
i have always hated tuesdays - halfway to no where is what i used to say. its not close to sunday and definitely not close to friday. on days like today, i miss my kids.

so - hello sophie and ellee and casey! i hope you're having a really fun day with dad! mom misses you and send you hugs from minneapolis!

to all my 'i work outside the home' friends, send me a shout out when you read this...let me know what day of the week you loathe so i can both pray for you that day and so that i can feel a little better about my distaste for tuesdays!

on the upswing though - the coffee here is amazing. the university of minnesota is very involved in free trade and organic products - everything from the university dining services to the large-scale efforts to recycle. this coffee is both free trade and delicious! it's from a little shop on the edge of campus called bordertown. they also make amazing pastries in the morning and super good sandwiches in the afternoon. what's great is that students really support it even though it's a bit more expensive than say...starbucks. lots of students here are 'anti-starbucks' actually. you can imagine my shock! in any case - i have lots of meetings in this coffee shop and spend a good deal of time sitting in this very room - a perk of being assigned cubicle and not an office! i can meet in coffee shops! oh...the silver lining shines bright!

one other positive thing...it's almost 2pm! just a couple more hours until i'm home...

have a great night everyone! give your kiddies an extra hug and - if you can - spend the evening reveling the blessings that surround you! mine have black hair, curly hair and no hair...each one is such a gift.

3 comments:

The Bille Family said...

Shan, I love reading your blogs, you are a gifted writer and so inspiring too! I'm hugging my kids for you and know that tomorrow is better than a Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
I am not hugging my kids at the moment b/c they are in bed. But, I have spent lots of time hugging them lately, since both of them are very clingy these days. They have both been sick for what seems like forever (and crabby), so thanks for the reminder to enjoy each moment. I love reading your blog posts!

a lemon said...

happy halloween! i too loath tuesdays...it's so hard to get up knowing that a whole week still streches out in front of you.