Sunday, September 14, 2008

DOH!

just a funny story...
we are working on getting casey to sleep through the night...for those parents out there, you know what a fun process this can be! on saturday morning - about 5am - casey woke up and i robotically stumbled to the staircase leading downstairs to the main level where the kiddies room's are. because we have an older house - built in 1941 - the staircases are pretty steep! do you see where i am going? i missed the second step, my feet came out from under me and i fell back and slid down the stairs until i crashed on the hardwood below. when my feet went out from beneath me, i fell back and hit my noggin and then instinctualy clawed at the wall the whole way down in an effort to stop myself. ouch!
i am totally ok, aside from my bumps and bruises, but my pride is a bit shaken.
seriously - i am a dork who cannot function with the same amount of ease and grace as most others. i, pretty much, loaf through my days trying not to spill, swear out loud or fall over. at least i got two of the three right on saturday morning!
attached are some pictures of our main living space - including the infamous stairs! the kids are sleeping so i can't get their rooms and the basement is a mess for now...but soon i will get pics of the whole house online!
until then...here's to staying on two feet!
shannon

No comments: